How does breve compare to other agent-based simulation environments?
There are a number of other excellent agent-based simulation environments freely available. Each environment is best-suited to somewhat different types of simulations. Choosing an agent based environment is often a matter of determining which features are most important for the types of simulations you want to develop.
Some other popular environments include:
Some of the breve's strong points include:
- Built for 3D simulations
- Built in simulation of realistic physics
- Integrated scripting language
- Rich, 3D OpenGL display
- Free, open-source
Based on these features, breve is a good choice when you need feature such as:
- Simulation in 3D spaces
- Simulation of realistic physics, for robotics applications, for example
- High-quality visualization and graphical output
- Rapid, simple simulation development